- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Volleyball
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Northern Virginia Volleyball Association (NVVA) promotes and develops the sport of volleyball at the middle/high school level through an emphasis on technical instruction that teaches the skills and attitudes needed to play the sport competitively.
Coaches, active players themselves, give back to the sport by providing all the basic skills, including setting, passing, serving and hitting. As players gain skills and confidence, drills include more game-like situations and communication becomes more important. With multiple courts at each session, players are grouped by ability and coaches to succeed. Goal setting and achievement of those goals are emphasized and used as measures of success.