- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
This camp is for those who are interested in working with children. They will be trained on leadership skills, conflict resolution, working with children, team building, program/activity planning, health and safety, scheduling and will have a chance to assist as a counselor aide.
The LIT program is a highly selective program that intends to develop teens to become excellent Camp Staff as well as strong leaders in the community. Applicants will be evaluated on the following characteristics: Leadership, Teamwork, Responsibility, Maturity, Enthusiasm, and Creativity. All applicants must attend the Group LIT interview on Wednesday, April 8th. There are a limited number of spots available. Please keep in mind, not all applicants will be accepted into the program. We are looking for teens that have a desire and ability to learn and develop strengths in the six characteristics listed above. LITs will assist counselors in leading games and activities each day as well as setting up and cleaning up various games and crafts.