- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Nepal
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Are you looking for an immersive experience in a foreign country? This is the program for you! From helping farmers and ranchers in rural communities to attending festivals in the city, the Cultural Immersion program is the perfect opportunity to see what it’s like to be a native Nepalese for two weeks.
During the first few days, we will focus on getting adjusted to your new home in Nepal. We will have team-building activities to get to know you and your teammates better, and we’ll tour the local sightseeing areas together! Did we mention tasty traditional Nepalese foods?
We will meet the residents of rural communities. There, you and your teammates will help farmers and ranchers complete daily tasks and experience the Nepalese way of doing things, such as milking cows, visiting monasteries and temples, and feeling the food with your hands!
In the second week, we will transition to a more urban area. Here, we will attend a Nepalese festival, which is a huge part of their culture! Depending on what the group would like, we can also volunteer at local NGOs, go on sightseeing tours, or attend a Hindu-Buddhist service. On the final day, we will hold a farewell party to reflect on the cultural similarities and differences among ourselves and Nepal and how we can apply what we have learned to our own development.
Space is limited. Small groups of 2-8 people.
- Airport Pickup
- Transfer to Homestay
- Orientation and city tour
- Accommodation and most meals
- 24/7 support
- Organized programs, guidance & supervision