- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The South Shore Natural Science Center’s Nature Adventures Summer Day Camp is a place where your child will participate in hands-on science exploration in the outdoors.
Components of every camper’s day include age-appropriate games and activities individually designed for all children to learn something new about the world around them.
Explorers ~ Entering Grades 6-7
- Monday-Friday, 9am-3:30pm + 1 Overnight on the Boston Harbor Islands
- 1 week sessions
- Campers entering Grades 6 & 7 study natural science topics and participate in team-building skills through hands-on exploration, canoeing, a field trip and a one-night overnight on the Boston Harbor Islands. Campers will also learn about preparing for a camp-out. See the website for personal equipment needed.
The South Shore Natural Science Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about the natural and cultural environments of the South Shore. Our mission is to provide natural science experiences that educate, excite, and commit every generation to preserve the environment and to encourage responsible use, stewardship and enjoyment of our natural resources.
Cost and Session Information
The 2017 Nature Adventures Camp will run from June 26 to September 1, for ten one-week sessions.
Rates vary by member status and camp sessions