- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Leadership, Mentoring
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
The National Youth Leadership Training, a four-day immersive leadership camp at the University of Minnesota, inspires young people to address today’s most pressing challenges and create impactful change.
It’s a different kind of summer camp, powering a generation of leaders.
What You Do at NYLT:
- Engage in meaningful activities.
- Experience discomfort by pushing your boundaries, from a simulations to difficult conversations about power and privilege.
- Speak your truth about your own story and recognize the knowledge and expertise you already have.
- Listen generously to different perspectives and personal experiences.
What You Get from NYLT:
- The ability to work together with people of all backgrounds.
- Allies to support your leadership development and service-learning community action plan.
- The tools and knowledge to create equitable change in your community.
- Motivation to take action for the common good.
This leadership opportunity is open to both youth (entering grades 9-12 in 2018) and adults. Adult partners are invited to join their team the final two days (Sun. - Mon.) of the training.