- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Leadership, Mentoring
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
The National Youth Leadership Training, a four-day immersive leadership camp at the University of Minnesota, inspires young people to address today’s most pressing challenges and create impactful change.
It’s a different kind of summer camp, powering a generation of leaders.
What You Do at NYLT:
- Engage in meaningful activities.
- Experience discomfort by pushing your boundaries, from a simulations to difficult conversations about power and privilege.
- Speak your truth about your own story and recognize the knowledge and expertise you already have.
- Listen generously to different perspectives and personal experiences.
What You Get from NYLT:
- The ability to work together with people of all backgrounds.
- Allies to support your leadership development and service-learning community action plan.
- The tools and knowledge to create equitable change in your community.
- Motivation to take action for the common good.
This leadership opportunity is open to both youth (entering grades 9-12 in 2018) and adults. Adult partners are invited to join their team the final two days (Sun. - Mon.) of the training.
Cost and Session Information
The National Youth Leadership Training takes place on the University of Minnesota campus in summer 2018, from Fri., July 20-Mon., July 23. Teams of at least two youths and one adult are encouraged to apply. The deadline for application is Fri., April 13, 2018. Adults participate the final two days of the training, Sun., July 21-Mon., July 22. The cost per participant is $250; some scholarship funding is available.