- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Canada, United States, Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Semester, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Fishing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Whitewater Rafting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
On a NOLS Expedition you’ll build leadership skills while immersing yourself in the world’s most stunning wilderness. With all expeditions offering financial aid & academic credit options, you can keep moving ahead as you have a life-changing experience.
Dive in and discover the wonders of the outdoors. NOLS Adventure Courses and Classic Expeditions for teens offer a curriculum specifically designed to focus on their needs. These expeditions provide an opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect in the wilderness. Each course introduces lifelong leadership skills to prepare students for leadership roles in school, on teams and beyond. With the help of our experienced instructors, students will build lasting connections with peers, deeper understanding of themselves, and leadership skills that will last a lifetime. We offer a wide range of courses, such as backpacking, river rafting, rock climbing, and more!
Ages 14 and 15 - Adventure Courses: Ideal for summer break, preparing for leadership roles on teams and in school.
Ages 16 and up- Classic Courses: Ideal for summer break, part of a gap year, high school and college students, career or life transitions.