- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Engineering, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
MSU's High School Engineering Institute is intended for rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors and recent graduates seriously considering engineering as their career choice. This is a residential program designed to give in-depth experiences in engineering majors.
Each day students will learn about a major and spend time with an engineering faculty member, a graduate student, an undergraduate student engaged in short lecture, demonstrations, hands-on experiments, team-based problem solving, and tours. Presentations by the Honors College, Admissions Office, Study Abroad and The Center (Co-op/Internship and Undergraduate Research Opportunities) as well as tours of engineering research facilities will be conducted.
Requirements: High school sophomores, juniors and seniors with GPA 3.0 or better in engineering core courses such as math, sciences and technology and a full year transcript.