- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Two Months
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Call: 617-727-3676
The Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth and The State House Tours Division invites students who have completed their freshman year of high school to become a State House volunteer and welcome visitors to the Massachusetts State House! The minimum commitment is 6 hours per week.
High School Students are invited to participate in a special internship at the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth and The State House Tours Division.
We Want People Who:
- Are interested in history, architecture, and in the legislative process.
- Enjoy meeting people from all over the country and the world.
- Are fifteen years of age or older
- Can volunteer six or more hours per week on a regular basis.
We Can Offer You:
- A chance to show a beautiful and interesting building to eager visitors.
- Study material to add to your knowledge of architecture, state history and government.
- An interesting group of people to work with and a great chance to improve your public speaking skills!
Requirements: You must be 15 years old or have completed your freshman year in high school.
To join us, call Mary Rinehart, Director at 617-727-3676 for more information.