- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Credit Awarded: Yes
MICA’s PreCollege Art & Design Residency Program offers rising high school juniors and seniors college-level art experience. Take part in a transformative experience with creative-minded peers, and learn new skills that help you explore the “why” behind your art. As a junior or senior, you can earn up to three college credits through this program.
Located in Baltimore, Maryland a thriving arts communty, MICAs PreCollege Art & Design Residency Program focuses on academic rigor and personal creative growth, as well as experience practicing with a college level curriculum. The program is a combination of live instruction, independent studio time, and a variety of community events, workshops and artist talks. Students will receive ongoing support and feedback from MICA faculty and Undergraduate teaching assistants, as well as build a community of peer support through critiques and collaboration. In-person costs include tuition, fees, housing, and meals. Art materials and travel expenses are not included in the cost of the program.