- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Health and Well Being, Healthcare, Healthcare Administration/Management
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: Yes
- Call: (845) 575-3226
If you are considering a career in the health professions, this program is a good first step in learning about the healthcare field. In addition to learning about the variety of fields that exist within healthcare, you will learn about current healthcare issues in the US, the history of medicine and healthcare, and some of the important research being published with respect to healthcare. Students will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of healthcare professionals.
- Learn about the different professions within the healthcare field.
- Meet a variety of healthcare professionals and learn about their work.
- Examine the history of medicine and healthcare.
- Investigate the current state of healthcare and healthcare policy in the United States.
- Explore the history and experience of women and minorities becoming healthcare providers.
- Read and critically analyze health-related literature.