- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Sailing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: <$500
At the Mariner Sailing School, your child will learn to sail in an atmosphere where fun, safety and responsibility are paramount. Our summer camps are a place to play, learn and grow.Children gain confidence around the water by learning safe sailing skills.
Mariner Sailing School Camp
Wearing lifejackets in 14' Sunfish sailboats, they learn to sail confidently and have an all-around great time. On light air days, students are taught how to safely paddle a canoe or kayak through the beautiful Dyke Marsh surrounding our marina.
- 15 hours of lessons aboard the Sunfish
- ages 8 to 15
- student-to-instructor ratio of 6:1
- a few of the things you'll learn:
- rigging a Sunfish
- knots used in rigging
- the points of sail
- navigational markers
- right-of-way rules
- man-overboard drills
- capsizing & recovery
- mooring and dockingrills
The season will start in June and will be offered weekly through July and August.
Monday - Friday sessions are offered from 10 AM to 1 PM or from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM. Students that wish to sail both sessions should bring lunch.
Cost and Session Information
Weekly 2016 youth courses will begin June 6th through August 22nd.
Course Total Hours Schedule Rates 1 person 2 people 3 people
Youth Sailing Camp 15 hours (Mon-Fr)10am to 1 pm or1:30pm to 4:30pm $200 $360 $480