- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: May
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Internships, People with Disabilities
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Career Clusters: Human Services
- Credit Awarded: No
L’Arche is an opportunity to become your best self and support others to do the same. Our Summer Internship is a 12 week experience of life in our community. We believe that as we live our ordinary moments together in community we experience something extraordinary and develop vital skills in relating to others. We engage in society around us modeling a vision of humanity that promotes inclusion over competition.
Additionally, a summer internship with L'Arche provides valuable experience in caregiving in a community-based setting. Past interns have included students interested in: - Medicine - Nursing - Social Work - Philosophy - Psychology - Religion/Theology - OT/PT.