- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Call: (717) 272-8001
Camp Shand, operated by the Lancaster YMCA, continues in its mission of instilling the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility through its co-ed day and residential summer camp programs to campers age 6-15 and adventure and service-based programs to teens age 13-16.
Every summer, Camp Shand’s day and sleep over camping programs create opportunities for kids ages 6-16 to unplug, step out of everyday life and have a great time while also learning new skills, exploring nature, making new friends, working in a team and gaining self-confidence. In all that we do, our dedicated staff works to instill the core values of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect andresponsibility.
As you likely know, kids don’t spend as much time outdoors as they once did. Beyond the many benefits of exercise and group play, simply spending time in nature is beneficial to children’s overall well-being and healthy development. At Camp Shand, we get outside for hiking, swimming, kayaking, archery and more and encourage campers to discover what the natural world has to offer along the way.