- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance, Music, Musical Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The Joffrey Jazz and Contemporary Summer Intensive takes place in the heart of Manhattan and is an excellent opportunity for all aspiring dancers. Find out more!
Open to students ages 8-25, this rigorous program prepares young dancers to become skilled professionals. It focuses on the skills of versatility and adaptability, which are key to success in the industry. At the very end of the program, students will be prepared to participate in a fully-produced dance performance at a New York City theater! Under the instruction of internationally recognized choreographer and dancer Angelica Stiskin, students will improve and apply their performance skills in the studio and the stage. They can also expect ample classes focusing on ballet, contemporary, jazz, modern, hip hop, and many other types of dance. Furthermore, they will receive lessons about yoga, meditation, conditioning, improvisation, and acting. By the end of the program, they will surely gain lots of confidence and performance experience!