- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance, History
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
The New York City Ballet Summer Intensive is designed to deliver the complete ballet education, transforming young dancers into expressive, professional artists.
This program is the very foundation of the Joffrey Ballet School. It seeks to provide students ages 8-25 with the best technique and resources in order to improve their skills. Led by renowned artistic directors Era Jouravlev and Jo Matos, this fantastic opportunity will surely elevate every dancer's abilities to the next level! In the mornings, students can expect classes focusing on ballet technique, partnering, pointe, and variations. In the afternoon, they will work on repertoire and expanding their style into modern and contemporary ballet. There will also be sessions focusing on kinetics, conditioning, jazz, flamenco, and even nutrition and dance history! With the help of this program, students can gain the skills and confidence necessary to perform live in the New York City theater.