- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Relocating to Dallas, Texas for the summer of 2021, the Joffrey Colorado program is an excellent opportunity for ballet enthusiasts to refine their technique!
Coached by Colleen Barnes, a professional dancer, this program will invest in individual dancers and help them improve their dance skills. There will be multiple ballet classes as well as classes focusing on the Dunham technique, a style of modern dance with a similar technique as ballet. Open to dancers ages 8-20, this program offers professional coaching and an innovative teaching technique. Students can expect to work on pointe, conditioning, yoga, jazz, improvisation, and much more! Staying at the Gunn Residence Hall, students will have access to amenities such as indoor and outdoor common areas. In addition to spending time developing their ballet technique, students can also enjoy site tours, world-class workshops, and trips to museums.