An iBme retreat helps teens and young adults reduce stress and cope with school, life, and social demands in a self-empowering way. An iBme retreat reconnects participants with their own natural confidence and ease. Through curiosity, they develop their powers of perception and their capacity to understand their emotions and thoughts, skills that are valuable now and for a long time to come. The basic ingredients of an iBme retreat? Mindfulness, community, and natural fun. ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Mental Health & Well-Being
- Sub-Categories: Health and Well Being, Meditation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
Be loved + accepted for who you are Welcome to a community where there’s no performance, no backlash + no negativity – you just get to be YOU. Come explore, express yourself, and learn tools to compassionately guide yourself through difficult situations in your life.
What will I learn?
Handle stress + anxiety - Learn how to calm yourself down and relax when you’re in high-stress situations. Gain tools that you can apply to school, sleep, relationships + life in general!
Find self-love - Stop trying to “fit in” and get comfortable in your own skin. This is a safe space where people love being themselves and want to support you!
Navigate difficult emotions - Learn how to unpack and unravel difficult emotions. Be kinder to yourself + understand how your mind works.
Gain tools to get yourself unstuck when you feel overwhelmed.
What happens on retreat?
- Meditation - Learn mindfulness practices such as breath + body awareness + mindful walking. Beginners welcome!
- Workshops - Explore activities like painting, improv, and writing poetry. Pick + choose what interests you, or lead a workshop yourself!
- Dance Party - Dance + get weird without worrying about what other people think of you at our online dance party.
- Small Groups - Laugh, get vulnerable and play games like “sweet seat” to connect more deeply with a small group of teens.
- Wisdom Talks - Cuddle up with a blanket! Listen to talks about relationships, emotions + applying mindfulness to daily life.
- Yoga - Move + release through guided daily yoga practice.
Cost and Session Information
Tuition is 1% of annual family income, up to $2,500.
We offer this sliding scale approach to retreat tuition in order to accommodate a wide range of family incomes. iBme retreats feature a low ratio of adult staff per participant, providing high-quality care, expertise, instruction, and mentoring (this is our secret sauce!)
Please note: A nonrefundable application fee of $35 is required and applied toward your tuition.