- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Journalism, Communications, Writing, Podcasting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Credit Awarded: No
The Media School at the University of Indiana Bloomington is hosting the High School Journalism Institute (HSJI) for all students excited and ready to learn new skills or sharpen existing talents, and some will begin preparing their own school's publications and media projects for the coming school year.
Join us for a summer of endless opportunities: a chance to connect with journalism professionals, other student journalists and award-winning advisers, including HSJI and Indiana University alumni.
The High School Journalism Institute offers workshops covering a wide array of journalism topics. This 5-day workshop offers hands-on experiences and tutorials.
- Leadership Academy (Editors & Section/Page Editors)
- Reporting & Writing (News, Feature, Opinion & Sports)
- Design (for print or digital)
- Documentary Filmmaking (I & II)
- Intro to Photography
- 360 Journalism