- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Imagination Stage offers its filmmaking program in a unique and comprehensive camp environment. Young filmmakers are placed in small teams to complete short narrative films from concept to final cut. Emphasis is placed on the fundamentals and process of filmmaking: story analysis, pre-production techniques, composition, cinematography, editing, and sound.
ALL FILMMAKING CAMPS TAKE PLACE AT THE BETHESDA LOCATION.
Camps offered are -
Filmmaking - 1 week for rising grades 5-8: During this whirlwind week, students interested in filmmaking work in a small, supervised group to take a short concept from script to screen.
Filmmaking - 3 weeks for rising grades 5-12: This three-week camp is a comprehensive immersion into Hollywood-style filmmaking.
Advanced Filmmaking Academy - 3 weeks for rising grades 8-12: The AFA is an intensive filmmaking experience offered during the summer only for serious young filmmakers who already have a solid working knowledge of the craft.
Essentials of Animation - 1 week for rising grades 5-12: In this hands-on environment, campers learn the fundamentals of 2-D computer animation and game design, the craft of stop-motion, and the basics of motion picture special effects.
Independent Study - for students who have completed film conservatory. Contact camp manager for permission and details.