- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Join us for this dynamic, creative, and immersive two-week program. The Institue of Art & Design's Pre-College Summer Program offers an inspiring college-level experience allowing students to develop and broaden their skills, understand and use their personal creative voice, and build a professional portfolio of work.
Immersive. Collaboartive. Fun! That's how you'll hear students talk about our Pre-College program.
Are you ready to expand your creative process and your work? Do you wonder if a degree in art or design is right for you? Would you like to meet and work with other students who are creative like you?
Choose from a variety of studio courses and seminars. Outside of class, you will visit the Currier Museum of Art, enjoy presentations and discussions with visiting artists, collaborate in group workshops, gain feedback from professional artists in a portfolio review, and enjoy a visit to the beautiful New Hampshire Seacoast.
High school students age 15-19 are welcome to apply. Here’s what you’ll get out of the program:
• Build a portfolio
• Advance your skills working in a variety of media
• Learn from our exceptional BFA faculty and professional artists • Use state-of-the-art studios and facilities
• Gain insight into career possibilities in a range of creative fields • Meet and collaborate with other students from across the United States
• Live in a residence halls on our campus in downtown Manchester, NH, just steps away from the city’s thriving restaurants, shops, galleries and cafes.
• Earn college credit