- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Canoeing, Sailing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Our Classic Middle School expeditions are designed to create a connection with nature and a newfound confidence in students aged 13-14. Surrounded by like-minded peers and supportive instructors, students build bonds with one another, begin to test their own independence, and return home with new insights and skills to share.
These courses are shorter in length, but provide an exciting introduction to the full continuum of Outward Bound programming. We offer single-gender programming for our sailing and backpacking courses. Courses include Penobscot Bay & Islands Sailing, Maine Appalachian Backpacking, and Rangeley Lakes Canoeing with a range of mixed and single-gender options.
Cost and Session Information
Dates vary in July and August. Programs are 9 days.