- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Canoeing, Sailing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Founded in 1964, The Hurricane Island Outward Bound School provides challenging and rewarding wilderness experiences. Our high school students arrive ready for a traditional adventure and leave prepared to reach their potential and confidently face the challenges of our modern world.
In the wild settings of the Appalachian Mountains and coastal Maine, students embrace challenges and expand their potential, developing the leadership skills and confidence needed to serve others and care for the world around them. Summer sailing, backpacking, and canoeing expeditions provide a variety of challenges, inspiring all-around growth and learning, and an unforgettable sense of achievement.