- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Biking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Hale's Mountain Biking Camp is the perfect program for young cyclists who want to enjoy both riding and traditional camp activities.
This camp prioritizes skill-building, safety, and self improvement. Upon arrival at camp, bikers will be separated into the beginner and advanced groups based off of age and skill level. The beginner group will spend about 2-3 hours every day cycling on the trails. They will develop fundamental skills such as riding brakes while descending, down-shifting while ascending, reading trail heads, and maintaining balance. They can also expect to learn about bike safety and maintenance. Meanwhile, the advanced groups will embark on longer rides on more challenging trails. They'll focus on teamwork and land stewardship.