- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
The camp will be held at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota at our throwing venue next to the track. For boys and girls grades 8-12.
We will keep the number of campers each day to 10 or less. Put your 2nd and 3rd choice on the application in case your first choice is full. Dates are filled in the order they are received. We fill up every year. Tom Thorkelson, Gustavus Adolphus Throws Coach, will conduct the camp. Thorkelson has worked with many All Conference throwers over the years.
This is a "Drills Camp" - we will cover lots of drills to correct faults in every phase of the throw. You will learn proper warm-up and gain ideas on strength and conditioning. You will have fun and you will learn a lot - no matter what level you are at!
What is included:
- Camp T-shirt
- All you can eat noon buffet.
- A 3 ring binder illustrating all drills and subjects covered at the camp.
- We film and analyze each camper and will email/text it to you within 24 hours.
- Fruit, fruit juice, donuts, fruit snacks, powerade, and water throughout the day.