- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Running
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The running camp is open to boys and girls (Grade 9 – 12). The Gustavus Running Camp is designed to broaden each athlete’s knowledge of running and motivate each person to perform his or her best, while coming away with the feeling of being a part of the team!
We will be doing a day camp this year (we will return to our week camp format in 2022!)
- Enrollment: 40 campers per session. Our camp is open to young men and women entering grades 9-12 this coming 2021-2022 school year.
- Arrival and Departure: Check-in at 8:00 AM and Departure at 5:00 PM.
- What to bring? Campers should bring running shoes (extra pair if planning to steeple), workout clothes, and a water bottle.
- Expectation for runners to be ready to run a mimimum of 3 miles during camp.
- Focus of the camp is to set goals, network, explore each individual’s running potential and have fun in the process.
- Video Analysis - each camper will be filmed at least twice during camp to analyze running form; prior to any instruction or demonstration and again later in the week.
- Campers will eat in the nationally recognized Gustavus dining service.
- Camp Counselors will be Gustavus XC athletes/alumni
Topics To Be Covered
- Proper Running Form
- Training and Racing Techniques
- Dynamic Warm-up and Flexibility Drills
- Injury Prevention and Injury Identification
- Strength Training for Runners
- Cross Training
- Goal Setting
- Steeple Chase