- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Puerto Rico
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Spanish, International Relief
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Students will work alongside local communities to reconstruct homes destroyed by Hurricane Maria. They can also expect to explore beautiful Puerto Rico through plenty of adventurous activities.
Over this eight-day service trip, students will work hard on home construction and environmental restoration. They will also learn a lot about the local culture and explore the breathtaking nature.
Students will fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico. There is no chaperoned group flight and students will not need a passport. For the rest of the week, they can expect to meet locals at the nearby Villa del Rio, where they will start home construction. There may also be a guided and education tour of San Juan. Some destinations may include the Rio Piedras market, the El Yunque rainforest, and much more!
With the pandemic, Global Works has adopted some new policies, including:
- Students will be required to provide proof of negative covid test or vaccination prior to attending the trip.
- There will be daily temperature checks and tracking.
- There are disinfecting procedures for lodging and transportation.
- Students will be expected to follow certain behavioral guidelines.