- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: France
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: French, Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
This 21 day French adventure and service program has it all! Over three weeks, 9th to 12th grade students will explore France and engage with locals while volunteering on numerous service projects. Find out more!
Learn French while gaining community service experience! Students can expect to visit the Palais de Versailles, the French Alps, the Eiffel Tower, and much more! In addition, they can earn up to 45 community service hours working on projects focusing on historical restoration, education, and environmental conservation.
Once they arrive in Paris, students will be introduced to the program while spending the day in Versailles. For the next few days, they can expect to meet locals, work on trail maintenance, and embark on an overnight hike to a mountain lounge. They will have plenty of opportunities to test their language skills and learn more about the culture of France. The trip will end with sightseeing in beautiful Paris.
Global Works will organize a group flight for this program from a US airport(location to be determined).
With the pandemic, Global Works has adopted some new policies, including:
- Students will be required to provide proof of negative covid test or vaccination prior to attending the trip.
- There will be daily temperature checks and tracking.
- There are disinfecting procedures for lodging and transportation.
- Students will be expected to follow certain behavioral guidelines.