- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Fiji
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
This 15 day summer service trip is an amazing opportunity for 9th to 12th grade high school students to experience the Fijian culture and become involved in the community! Find out more!
The "Sunny Service and Island Immersion" program encourages students to contribute to service projects including building houses, teaching English and geography at local schools, and more! Throughout the 17 days, students can also expect to snorkel, trek to waterfalls, scuba dive, and see dolphins up close. Students will have the opportunity to earn up to 40 community service hours.
During the first four days, students will arrive at the beachside eco-resort and take part in orientation. They may engage in introductory activities hosted by a local school. Next, they will experience a Sevu Sevu Welcome Ceremony and have the chance to earn their SCUBA certification! They can also expect island hopping on a boat, swimming alongside manta rays, hiking in tropical rainforests, and working with marine biologists to preserve coral reefs.
With the pandemic, Global Works has adopted some new policies, including:
- Students will be required to provide proof of negative covid test or vaccination prior to attending the trip.
- There will be daily temperature checks and tracking.
- There are disinfecting procedures for lodging and transportation.
- Students will be expected to follow certain behavioral guidelines.