- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Spanish, Whitewater Rafting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
This is a fantastic opportunity for high school students to engage in community-driven service projects while exploring beautiful Costa Rica.
Over 25 days, students will learn about a new culture, serve in community initiatives, and have lots of fun during outdoor activities. Students can expect an overnight rafting trip, surfing lessons, zip-lining past the Arenal Volcano, and much more! To fulfill up to 80 community service hours, students will help conserve the rainforests and help the community with coffee production. Other exciting activities may include visiting a local cheese farm, learning to dance salsa, and paddleboarding.
With the pandemic, Global Works has adopted some new policies, including:
- Students will be required to provide proof of negative covid test or vaccination prior to attending the trip.
- There will be daily temperature checks and tracking.
- There are disinfecting procedures for lodging and transportation.
- Students will be expected to follow certain behavioral guidelines.