- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Argentina, Belize, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Fiji, Ghana, India, Peru, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Tanzania, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Galapagos Islands, Bali, Cuba
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: March, April, June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: International Relief, Youth Outreach, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Global Leadership Adventures offers globally-minded high school students journeys that have often been called life-changing. Programs are offered in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean that build awareness of other cultures & educate students on important issues.
Global Leadership Adventures offers high school students journeys that have often been called "inspiring." Programs are offered in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America and students from around the globe come together to volunteer side by side with local people, learn first hand about social issues and explore places of historical and cultural significance. Although each program is different, they all build awareness of other cultures, educate students on important issues, and develop leadership skills necessary to be effective in a globalized world and in the formation of becoming "global citizens."
Whether you are an enthusiast and want to fuel your passion on a project that builds on your interests, or you are an explorer who wants to find your passion and serve a community-in-need, when you volunteer with GLA, you become a part of a diverse group of teens that want to make a difference.
Children & Education • Language Immersion • Ocean & Environment Conservation • Animal & Wildlife Conservation • Sports Leadership • Medicine & Public Health • Social Entrepreneurship • Photography & Journalism • Children & Community Development • Building from Start to Finish • Middle School