- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: Sports
- Sub-Categories: Tennis, Horseback Riding, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Girls who choose to participate in our Horsemanship 1 Program ride once a day. They may have a lesson in the morning or afternoon depending on the schedule. Girls entering 1st-12th grades are eligible for registration. As a premier summer equestrian camp, we take our horseback riding very seriously, but there’s always fun to be had at Forrestel!
In addition to riding, children in the Horsemanship 1 Program participate in specialty activities that are offered during the other two periods in the camp day. They choose from a variety of interesting programs taught by highly qualified specialists with extensive backgrounds. Specialties include tennis, arts and crafts, archery, team sports, stable management, and more.
Horsemanship 1 campers are with their horses 2 hours each day.