- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The Flushing YMCA Teen Camp is for young people 12-16 who are currently enrolled in middle school or high school, and is designed to immerse campers in a variety of fun activitiestailored specifically to their age and intereststhat keep them active, learning, and engaged.
Campers explore science, the arts, sports, and swimming, all with a focus on building skills, confidence, and strong peer relationships. Each session, campers participate in project based learning and citywide trips (2-3 per week) designed to engage teens in developing their leadership skills, real-world experiences, career aspirations, and educational goalsall while making friends and having fun! Included are workshops that explore resume building and interview dynamics, helping teens prepare for the years ahead of them.