- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Boys Only
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, LGBTQ
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Since 1939, Timberlake has offered boys a summer of challenging adventures and fun in the woods. From plunging into cool waters from a rope swing to swinging an axe to building a bonfire, campers are free to choose how they want learn and grow this summer. Challenges abound with friends on the trail and in the cabin.
Campers learn outdoor living skills like knot tying, tool safety, and wildlife identification. Extended overnight trips impart wilderness skills, including setting up camp, cooking over a fire, navigation, and rock climbing. Farming and gardening teach campers about the origins of their food. Waterfront activities include swimming, a rope swing, and kayaking. Campers apply construction skills toward camp maintenance. Creative activities include pottery, drama, song, and dance.