- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, LGBTQ
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Saltash Mountain is a small wilderness camp where teens and campers explore backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing or service trips. Campers learn to accept each other, celebrate themselves, and work cooperatively. Living together in open-sided cabins, they play guitar and piano. Carpentry, creative writing, gardening and other activities round out the summer.
While building confidence in backcountry skills, teens and tweens progress from 3-day to 6-day trips in each session. Campers learn knot tying, knife and ax safety, and other outdoor living skills like how to pack food, maintain gear, plan routes, and read a compass and map. Creative activities include puppetry, props, skits, art projects, songs, and musical jam sessions. Campers also enjoy waterfront activities and work projects like trail clearing and community service.