- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Leadership, LGBTQ
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
For those eager for extended wilderness trips, Questers is a summer camp for teens that fosters leadership, community and personal growth. With separate options for full or half-summer, Questers hike the 272-mile-Long Trail in 36 days or embark for 18 days on canoe, rock climbing and backpacking outings in the White Mountains and Adirondacks. This camp is mixed gender and welcomes non-binary and other LGBTQ individuals. Find out more!
Teens learn about trip planning, setting routes, preparing meals and gear, and many other skills necessary for extended time in the wilderness. They take on increasing responsibility as the trips unfold. At the climax of the trip, Questers plan and execute a short trip segment, which the staff supervises from a discreet distance to ensure safety while fostering teens’ leadership skills.