- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Digital Detox, LGBTQ
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
At Indian Brook, campers develop an appreciation of their strength, competence, and creativity. They explore the fullness of their identity, redefine failure, and build on success. They learn new skills; pottery, weaving, and carpentry while they gain lasting friendships, self-awareness and resolve. Our Vermont summer camp for girls aims to inspire personal growth in campers while provoking curiosity, fierceness and an action-oriented attitude.
Campers learn outdoor living skills including knot tying, knife and ax safety, plant and animal identification, and navigation. Extended overnight nature trips and waterfront activities include camping skills, canoeing, swimming, hiking, or rock climbing. Farming and gardening activities teach land stewardship. Campers help with building projects including cabins, benches, and bird houses. Pottery, fiber arts, painting, singing, and drama add to the magic of camp.