- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Canada
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: May, June, July, August
- Session Length: Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: French
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Career Clusters: Education and Training
- Credit Awarded: No
Explore is an intensive French-immersion program that is offered during the spring and summer. If you are interested in learning or improving French and travelling to a new part of Canada, then Explore might be the perfect program for you.
For participants 16 and older.
Explore institutions offer spring and summer sessions, which last between 31 and 33 days. For 13- to 15-year-olds, three-week summer sessions are available. In order to qualify, you must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible); and
- meet the institution’s minimum age requirement by the time Explore begins (13–15, 16–17, or 18+).
You must also meet ONE of the following criteria depending on your age:
- have been a part-time or full-time student for at least one term during the current school year; or
- have been an Odyssey participant within the last two years.
There are no language-skill requirements. If you meet the above criteria, you may be eligible for a place funded by the Government of Canada.