- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Computer Science, Game Design, Web Design, Internships, Leadership, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Work Experience, Coding, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Affiliation: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA)
- Career Clusters: Information Technology
Virtual Internships is one of Europe's leading EdTech start-ups; providing virtual internships to university-level students around the world since 2018. In 2019, Virtual Internships launched their first Virtual Internship program for high school students: Virtual Internships Foundations. The Foundations program is a 4 week Summer program designed to facilitate career exploration, global career networks and professional development with a host company, remotely!
Each week, students will work in groups of 3-4 with students from all over the world to support a setlist of business and marketing projects curated and delivered for a host company within their chosen career group. All work and curriculum delivery is supported by an internship facilitator, and all feedback on the projects is delivered by the supervisor and host company to ensure there is a direct engagement with a real-world company.
Virtual Internships offers a variety of career clusters to choose from for your internship program, including engineering and computer science. You will be able to experience what working in an engineering or computer science job looks like!
The benefit of the Virtual Internships Foundations program is the structure, guidance and supervision that comes alongside direct engagement with the student's host company. Students will complete a combination of synchronous and asynchronous content throughout the week, and will have the opportunity to present their work to their host company at the end of each week. The entire curriculum is scaffolded by our online careers platform, CareerPathways, which is based on the 8 NACE career competencies and is designed to up-skill the student for career readiness.