- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: February, April, June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Empow Studios brings technology, arts, and play together to help young learners discover and build on their creative talents.
At our two studios in Lexington & Newton, and our 14 Camp locations across MA, Empow Studios teaching campers in grades 2-12 how to design, build, code.
The need for basic technology literacy is great, and the list of tools and technologies that can excite and engage children is ever-growing. Our goal is to empower kids to become creators of videos games, 3D models, and designs that they are proud to share with family & friends, and learn the fundamentals of engineering and computer science in the process. Every kid should have a chance to develop lifelong interest in STEM.
At our two studios in Lexington & Newton, and our 11 Camp locations across MA, Empow Studios is where kids learn to design, build, and code.
- Tech & Design Camp - A camp where kids CHOOSE what they want to create: Video Game Design, Robotics, Animation, Coding, 3D Printing, Music Production and other exciting projects are all fair game!
- Minecraft Camp - The most popular game for kids is also the perfect environment to design, build, and code! Whether you’re just starting your explorations or looking to create mods.
- Java Coding Camp - For the young programmer who wants to take their skills to the next level. Grades 4 and up.
- Girls STEM Camp - Bringing some balance to the world of STEM where girls use technology as a creative tool.
- Empow also hosts an After-School Club in Lexington and Newton for parents in need of enrichment and child care, one-day NanoCamps when schools are closed, weekend technology clubs, birthday parties, and private lessons.
For more info on our programs, please visit our website!
Cost and Session Information
Times: Camp runs 9:00am-4:00pm. Early drop-off starts at 8:30am (no additional charge) and an extended day until 5:30pm is available for a $20 additional charge. Cost: Half day $335; Full day $595 Sessions available in Acton, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Cape Cod, Franklin, Lexington, Milton-Quincy, Natick, Newton-Needham, Reading, and Shrewsbury from June 24-Aug 30 2019.