- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Fishing, Canoeing, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
During the summer, the Outdoor School's Explore program runs land-based and on-the-water educational expeditions in the unspoiled regions of the upper Bay and its tributaries. Additionally, day experiences for children are offered on our school campus. Our canoe trips travel the middle section of the Chester River and explore undisturbed marshes, sandy beaches, fields, and woodlands.
These trips use up to six canoes to carry eight campers, three Outdoor School trip leaders and all food and gear for the week. Making and breaking camp, helping to cook and prepare meals, and canoeing are all major parts of every canoe trip, and along the way there is plenty of time for relaxing, fishing and swimming your hearts out.