- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, United States, Bahamas
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: January, May, June, July, August, September, December
- Session Length: One Week, Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Environmental Science, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Earthwatch Teen Expeditions are designed for 15- to 18-year-olds interested in tackling today’s most pressing environmental concerns. These expeditions are different from any other experience teenagers can have. Expeditions allow teen volunteers to accompany researchers in the field to participate in and learn from environmental conservation projects.
No scholarships are available for this program, however, Earthwatch offers other student fellowship programs.
Our hands-on expeditions allow teens to undertake peer-reviewed scientific field research projects. Locations include Canada, Maine, Costa Rica, Utah, Belize, and Andora. Program cost covers accommodations, food, permits, scientific equipment, on-site staff, and more. Emergency medical and evacuation (MedEvac) insurance is included in the contribution, however, medical or other costs not covered by this insurance policy will be your responsibility.