- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Online
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Acting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Digital Film & Media is an intensive, week-long virtual workshop. Students will write, produce, direct, and edit a short film in a genre of their choice, using either their smart phone or other personal digital camera. With the option to produce a web series or submit a short student film to a film festival, students will learn the skills of a writer, producer, director, cinematographer, editor, and actor which will give them the tools to step-up to a professional experience.
Students will write, produce, direct, and edit a short film in a genre of their choice, using either their smart phone or other personal digital camera. They will also have the option of creating a pilot for a web series. Student films will be submitted to the Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival (FLIFF) for competition. Students will collaborate and recive 1:1 faculty instruction. A Work-in-Progress showing of their film will be presented during the Saturday Session.