- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica, Panama
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, Spanish, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Our summer courses in Costa Rica and Panama provide learning experiences that allow you to build leadership skills, intercultural competence and self-awareness. But the best part is the adventure of whitewater rafting, surfing, hiking, waterfall rappelling, scuba diving, and more this summer.
Our Outward Bound summer courses in Costa Rica and Panama provide varied adventure challenges and service learning expeditions. Students expand self-awareness, step up into leadership roles, and discover that they are capable of more than they ever thought possible.
Activities vary depending on the course chosen. Hike through the jungle and stay with local host families learning Costa Rican culture in farming and cooking. Surf the warm water breaks on our world-renowned beaches, white water raft or kayak on the many rivers, and zipline at the end of your course.
Experience the beauty of the Panama coral reef as you earn your Scuba Certification in Bocas del Toro. Camp on the docks at our homestays and sea kayak to explore the wonders of this tropical Caribbean paradise.
Service projects in both Costa Rica and Panama let you work and play side-by-side with the local community as you provide them much needed assistance. Service projects focus on people, construction, marine biology, and ecological issues. Hours earned depends on the course chosen and can be anywhere from 10 to 60 hours.
Choose to stay with Outward Bound Costa Rica for a 15-day course or combine options to create a 2-8 week adventure. Visit our website to see all of our courses in more detail.
Adults aged 19 and over can discover Costa Rica or Panama in just one action-packed week or combine both the courses for a two-week experience. Visit our website for all the details.