- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Hiking, International Relief, Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
This trip is intended for high school students. Students will spend the week working with the farmers and families of the cloud forest village of Providencia de Dota. Come help them strengthen their sustainability practices with projects including organic coffee farming, permaculture and a local recycling program. Dream Volunteers uses family home stays in Providencia. Its residents are some of the most fun-loving, warm, and welcoming people on Earth.
Home stays are arranged with vetted families who have many years of experience hosting international volunteers. Volunteers receive 3 meals daily (food allergies, vegetarian and vegan meals are accommodated as well), lodging in a private room, a hot shower and purified water. Living with a host family enables students to participate in family social events, and gives volunteers a unique glimpse into the authentic lifestyle and culture of rural Costa Rica.