- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Language
- Sub-Categories: Arabic, Literacy
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Ahlan wa-sahlan! At Al-W??a, you’ll experience an oasis of cultural richness and diversity with counselors and teachers who speak a variety of dialects from across the Middle East. Enjoy traditional camp activities while you live the language surrounded by Arabic sounds, sights and flavors of the world’s fifth most populous language—right here in the Midwest. Virtual also an option! Find out more!
Just imagine reading in a totally different alphabet—and from right to left! With more than 350 million speakers over five continents, Arabic is the world’s fifth most-spoken language, and has influenced and contributed many others—even English—with Arab cultures’ global and linguistic influences on astronomy, mathematics, medicine, art and philosophy. Since 2006, our “oasis” at Concordia Language Villages has allowed complete beginners and advanced students alike to tap into Middle Eastern cultures firsthand.