- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Arabic, Literacy
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Come to "Al-W?ha" and experience the richness and diversity of classical and colloquial Arabic dialects and cultures. This Virtual Village is an Arabic language immersion program for young people who love the mystery and history of northern Africa and the Middle East.
Al-W??a’s Virtual Village began in 2020 and allows villagers to learn Arabic all year round. From one-week sessions in the summer to club sessions during the academic year, villagers are able to be immersed in the Arabic culture and language from the comfort of their home. At an Al-W??a Virtual Village session, villages may virtually visit a museum in an Arabic-speaking country or cook authentic Arabic food. Activities are based in Arab culture and utilized to further villagers’ language acquisition.
(A residential program is available for highschool students. See website for more info.)