- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Music, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Directed by highly regarded composer, pianist, and educator Matt Van Brink, the Songwriting Composition Intensive offers talented middle and high school composers and songwriters the special opportunity to focus for two weeks solely on exploring and refining their compositional skills.
Each day, students receive private composition lessons as well as classes in analysis, score-reading, theory, aural skills, and instrumentation. The new works that students compose will be performed and recorded in a concert. Professional instrumentalists will visit the sessions throughout its two weeks, to workshop and rehearse new material composed by the students. The Intensive is a great way build up a college music portfolio, and to make new friends doing it!