- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Musical Theatre Arts, Acting
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The CSC Apprentice Program is an intensive summer training program for early-career actors who are actively pursuing a career in theatre. Building off of the success of CSC’s 2020 Virtual Apprentice Program, students who train with CSC have the option to attend a Fast-Track version of our Apprentice Program in a future summer. Begin your training journey with CSC this year and prepare yourself for the opportunities ahead!
The apprenticeship offers a robust Shakespearean performance focus through professionally directed productions held in and around Boston. CSC faculty support the work in the rehearsal room through classes in voice and text analysis.
At the beginning of the program, we work with each apprentice to identify personal goals and track these together with faculty and staff throughout the summer. Apprentices will also bring their skills and enthusiasm to audience engagement and front-of-house work on the Boston Common where they are an integral part of the production’s success. In addition, our program offers 7 EMC points towards Apprentice’s Actor’s Equity Association Membership should they choose.