- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Columbia Association Camps are a safe and nurturing environment for children. At camp, children are at less risk when they have a sense of community, relationships and firsthand experiences. Camps provide a supervised, positive environment with controlled boundaries.
Camp is a caring community. Opportunities abound for children to experience being in a true community — getting along with others, accepting differences and working together. The joys of acceptance and sharing prompt children to try new positive things, choose new friends, express caring thoughts about others and resolve conflicts.
Camps add value to a child's growth and education. Discovery, exploration and active participation are methods of learning. Children connect with the natural world directly and not through the digital filters of computers, television, or movies. Children practice growing up by taking healthy risks and stepping beyond their comfort zones. Children learn best through experience. Camp helps to fill the gaps that exist beyond academic instruction.
Camp is fun. Camp is an environment built specifically for children. Campers learn to invent themselves through enjoyable and fun activities. Fun is the foundation upon which courage and self-respect, cooperation and responsibility are constructed.