- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Months, Other
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The Chicago City Limits Teen Workshop is designed for teens 13-17 with or without prior theatre or improv experience. Teens will work with CCL cast members to learn the skills and techniques used by improvisers. It's fun and empowering and a great way to meet new friends!
Do you love improvisation and comedy? Are you interested in exploring your abilities as a performer? Would you like to improve your self-confidence, be more spontaneous? Or maybe you’re just interested in having a really great experience with some of New York’s best improv performers? If that sounds like you—or a teenager you know—then the CCL Teen Improv Workshop is the best way to spend your week off or summer vacation (and the essay you’ll write about it on the first day of school will be pretty good, too).
The Teen Workshop is designed for teens 13-17 with or without prior theatre or improv experience. Teens will work with Chicago City Limits cast members to learn the skills and techniques used by improvisers, creating scenes, songs, and stories in an atmosphere that is supportive, challenging, and fun. Students will be empowered to use their own intelligence, instincts and knowledge, culminating a class performance on the Chicago City Limits stage.