- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Learning Differences, Autism Spectrum
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Charis Hills is a Christian Summer Camp for kids with learning differences and social difficulties such as ADD, ADHD, High-Functioning Autism, Asperger's disorder, and other special needs.
Our goal is to provide a positive camp experience for kids while sharing the good news about Jesus Christ. The camp is located in the Cross Timbers or North Texas Hill Country area, northwest of Dallas and Fort Worth, near Decatur.
Charis Hills is dedicated to the development of kids who have average to above average intelligence, but who have an inability to process information in traditional ways. Campers receive academic reinforcement each day while participating in a traditional summer camping programgeared to encourage success and reward positive behavior consistently.
Emphasis is placed on teaching about Christ, improving social skills, self esteem and confidence, and helping kids learn, first hand, that their differences are neither uncommon nor debilitating. By combining recreation with learning, campers are able to have fun while finding success in their daily lives.